One of the benefits of living in the mountains of Oregon is that you can cut down your own Christmas tree. Jack had done this when he was little but can hardly remember it and I have never done it. We bought a permit for 5 bucks and a small hatchet and headed up to the mountains. It was snowing a lot so that made it extra fun. After searching for a half an hour we settled on this little guy.
Here is the final product:
We are so behind! We have been busy with work and I forgot to post about Thanksgiving! Mom and Dad came out to visit us for a week! We had a blast! We got to show them the town, although that did not take too long because it only consists of a few blocks. We had a great Thanksgiving and I learned a lot from Teresa in the kitchen. I usually work all through the night at my Dad's bakery so I sleep in on Thanksgiving and have never really helped my mom much in the kitchen. Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun week and making the long drive to see us!
Dad walked Jack through carving his first turkey.
Thanks to Uncle Jeff for sending these beautiful flowers!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun! We miss you guys and we're so happy for you guys and you're new place!
Your Christmas tree looks great! We just had our yearly Christmas party and it wasnt the same without Jack and Mel. You were greatly missed. Hope you two have a very Merry Christmas.
What a wonderful tree. It is just beautiful. Gook pick and what a fun memory you have now! Thanks for posting.
We will miss Jack's photography skills this Christmas. I will try to get some good shots and forward them to me. I am not very good at taking pictures. I have one of Caroline on my desktop as wellpaper. It is one Jack took of Caroline last year. Love it.
I see I do not spell well either. I will forward any good pictures to you! Love you, Grandma C
Great tree What a fun tradition to have.Merry Christmas
Post a Comment