Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Melissa and I tried to make the most of our weekend off of work. We started on Friday by playing golf at this course just outside of Walla Walla. It was more of a farm than a golf course, but we had a blast. They have a deal where you pay $25 for a cart and unlimited golf throughout the day. So Mel and I took advantage and played in the morning and then again at night (her idea! I promise!). In between golf sessions we went to Klickers to get some fresh strawberries and homemade ice cream. For the Fourth we spent the day at the park where they had an all-day celebration. We enjoyed music, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, and shaved ice. After the park we scoped out where we wanted to watch the firework show. We found this spot on a hill literally about 100 yards from where the fireworks were lit. We had an incredible time laying down and watching the fireworks explode right above us. After the show we went and lit some fireworks of our own. We had a great weekend celebrating our wonderful Nation!
That is a combine in the background- all that dust wasn't too distracting blowing in my face on my second shot.
The fireworks were on the field right below us.
We bought this box of fireworks called "The Mad Bomber" for $5. The fireworks lady was like, "Oh yeah, this one is kind of cool." Turns out it shoots up 100 feet in the air and is like a real firework! There were 6 in the box but we wish we had bought more. I can't believe they are legal. Watch this video to see for yourself!
Melissa's turn with the roman candle! Check it out- she's very patriotic!
6 comments:
How fun! You just don't get great golf like that here in the desert.
Golf wasn't even THAT bad in Rexburg! Where do you guys live, anyway?!? Hahah jk. The Mad Bomber looks sweet! How bout we plan our summer vacay 2010 to include July 4th? Miss you!
jack and melissaa!! we miss you guys so much! i was telling leslie, why cant we all just have met where we are settling down because having to be away from everyone stinks. we miss the get togethers and friendships. It looks like you guys are having fun. thats great! happy 4th of july!
Looks like you two had an action packed 4th of July. Glad to see you are into golf. Mike and I have been going to the driving range this summer and love it. Next time we see each other we should go play nine.
I love your blog. I will watch and post. Glad you had a great 4th. Love the fireworks video. Don't do it again though, could explode prematurely!!!Listen to Grandma!
We had a great time with your Mom and Dad and Erika and Bryce and of course Caroline.
I deleted myself from facebook. Not for me. A strange man wanted to be my friend :-) Not just that, it was just not my style. Love y ou two.
Doode I wish I were golfing with you guys!! We miss you.
Love,
Casey :)
Post a Comment