Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goodbye Oregon.. Hello California

So we have been really busy lately! When we were in Washington D.C. we got a call from Jack's boss offering him a position in California. We could not pass on this great opportunity to transfer closer to family so we decided to go with it. We found out on a Friday and he left that Monday. It all happened very fast. I stayed in La Grande for a month finishing up with my job. It was so hard to be away from Jack for so long.

I took this picture when we were in D.C. and he was on the phone with his boss. I thought it might be a moment we would want to remember, and it was!


This was the morning Jack left to California. We wanted to have some pictures to remember La Grande.


Below is a picture of Jack's building in La Grande. Jack was able to come back for a few days to pick up his car. When he came back we went out to lunch with his staff at Vista. It was so fun!


The next day we went out with my boss Jo, her husband Mick, and Sean from the Milton-Freewater building. We were able to get to know them all really well and will miss them a lot!



So my amazing mother called me a few days before I was getting ready to move to let me know she was flying to Oregon to drive back with me! I was so surprised, isn't she great? We had a blast! It was such a fun trip! We made a ton of fun stops and I loved every minute of it. The 20 hour drive flew by so fast! Thanks mom, I love you!!!





Now we are in California and I am looking for a place to live. We are living in a hotel and our stuff is in a storage unit so it will be nice once we find a place. Jack is working hard at his new building and loving it. Last weekend we were able to visit some family and it was so nice to see everyone. Here are some pictures from last weekend's adventures...








This was the first time we have been back to the L.A. temple since we were married. It was neat to walk the grounds at night.

That night we went to Diddy Riese. It is an amazing ice cream sandwich shop. You get to pick the cookies you want and the ice cream flavor. It is right next to UCLA. It was so good! I got a chocolate chip cookie with mint chip ice cream. Yum!

On Father's Day we had a relaxing day at the park with the family then went to visit G&G Webster. It was so fun! I cannot believe we are only a few hours away now.






It is so great to be home in California once again and we are so excited for the upcoming adventures!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That's seriously so awesome! Good luck finding a place to live, I am sure that is difficult. Hope the moving in goes well and you won't have to do it for a loooooong time. You guys are the Master Packers by now I am sure!

Leslie said...

That is so exciting you guys moved to CA! Lucky! I bet your family is so happy to have you so close to them. Tell Jack Congrats on the job change. Glad everything is going well for the both of you. We miss you tons!!!!

Darlene said...

Yeah I'm so excited for you guys! But I'm sad we're up north now! We are closer to each other though and should meet somewhere for a fun weekend!

Chelsey and Casey said...

We are so glad that you guys can be close to family now! And fancy iphones too-- woo woo! Haha. Andddd you were at the LA temple with us 2 summers ago, remember?!?! Miss you, love you!

Oh, also, we just found an italian deli in denver and we decided we need to go try it and see if it's anything like that delish deli by the sanofky's house in agora! we still talk about that :)