Sunday, March 15, 2009

I am employed!!

I got a job- finally! Everything worked out so great, better than I could have imagined. I am the Marketing Director for Evergreen Healthcare. Yes, it is the same place where Jack works. So we get to drive together, go to lunch together, and get off work at the same time! I could not have asked for anything better. We really have been blessed and I am so excited. My first day was Thursday so I am two days into the job. We will see how the first full week goes! I can't wait. We haven't really talked about Jack's job too much but he absolutely loves it! He is great with all the residents and they love him! He brought one of the old ladies a chocolate bar for her birthday and later another employee went up to her with a card to say happy birthday and she told him "Jack got me chocolate." The worker told her "Well, that is because Jack likes you." She replied, "He does? I thought he was married." It was pretty funny. So I have some competition :) Well that is what is up in our lives! For now we are just DINKS (double income no kids), so our blog will still be pretty boring. Oh well, we will keep you updated.

7 comments:

Shaylen said...

Congrats!! That is awesome! I don't think your blog is boring! lol. :D

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is so great! Cute story. Enjoy DINKhood!

verna said...

Fabulous. What a great team you make in life and now certainly, on the job. Great news.

Keechler said...

Congrats! I hope things continue to go well for you both!

Chelsey and Casey said...

Congrats Mel! We are so happy that things worked out so perfectly!

Lauren said...

That is great! How fun to get to go to work together...enjoy this time together.

Leslie said...

Way to go Meliss! Thats awesome you got a job where Jack works. sounds like you two are thriving in Oregon. Miss you!